A renowned and efficient Boat Accident Lawyer will guide you throughout the process of seeking reimbursement for your damages in case of boat accidents. Their expertise will help in managing different types of boating accidents cases such as yacht accidents, pontoon boat accidents, rental boat crashes, and marine and dock collisions.
Furthermore, they will help in handling personal injury cases such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), worker’s compensation claims, premises liability accidents, wrongful deaths, and more.
They will assist you to negotiate with the insurance companies, gathering vital evidence, and investigating the case thoroughly. This will help you build a strong case that may prove to be favorable.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
A competent Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney may help you in the following cases:
- Boat Accidents: Boating accidents occur due to several causes namely operator errors, boating under influence (BUI), or failure of equipment. It can result in injury or death in extreme cases. According to the United States Coast Guard, in the year 2014, nearly 4,064 accidents occurred resulting in 610 deaths. After sustaining serious boating accident injury, a Philadelphia Boat accident lawyer can create a huge difference. They will protect your rights and will work according to your interests.
- Truck Wrecks: Truck wrecks are the most dangerous accidents that can lead to catastrophic injuries. An experienced truck accident lawyer in Philadelphia can help you gain reimbursement for the expensive medical treatment that may drain your savings.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are of various types such as T-bone collisions, rear-end collisions, and more. A capable Philadelphia auto accident attorney can guide you in attaining the financial assistance that you may require.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Motorcyclists are more prone to injuries and damage. Seeking immediate medical attention will safeguard them from any further health risks. You can consult a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer if you have been injured due to the negligence of someone else.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are often posing more danger than anyone else. Due to the infrastructure of the city, people who walk around can suffer from deadly accidents. It may happen that at the intersections or due to speeding, collisions may occur. The aftermath of an accident for a pedestrian can lead to fatal injuries. If you take help from an experienced Pedestrian accident lawyer in Philadelphia, you may be entitled to deserving compensation.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: In an Uber or Lyft ride, there may be multiple passengers who are traveling. Therefore, it becomes a complicated procedure to determine who will be liable for the injuries. Taking legal advice from a Philadelphia Uber accident lawyer can be helpful.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips, trips, and falls are one of the leading causes of injuries in older Americans and children. You can file compensation for premises liability cases if you have sustained any injuries due to the negligence of the property owner. You must consult renowned Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers today.
- Wrongful Death: In case someone you love has died due to the carelessness of someone else, you can file a wrongful death claim with the help of an experienced personal injury law firm. Negligence may happen due to an auto accident, medical malpractice, or any premises liability cases.
Why should you hire a Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and want to receive compensation, you must hire a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer near me. They will help you in the following ways:
- The chances of getting deserving compensation will increase.
- You can attain the actual settlement amount easily.
- Legal complications can easily be handled
- Negotiations with insurance companies will be done conveniently.
- You can get the time to heal your wounds and injuries.
Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania
There is a time duration when you should file a personal injury claim after you got injured in Pennsylvania. As per the laws prevailing in Pennsylvania, the time is 2 years when you must file a lawsuit against the party at fault. However, under some unique circumstances, a time extension can be provided.
Suppose, the accident involves any government authority, the statute of limitations can be extended. If you are under the age of 18 years, you have the time frame to file a lawsuit till when you become 18 years. You must take assistance from an attorney who can help you fight for your rights.
What are the common types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit?
Compensatory damages are the damages that an individual can be compensated for their injuries. Fundamentally, there are two types of damages that the injured victim can receive by filing a lawsuit. They are special damages and general damages.
Special Damages: These types of damages are economic damages that can be evaluated and are quantifiable. Some of the special damages include:
- Medical treatment expenses for the present and the future
- Loss of income
- Property Damage
- Transportation costs such as doctor’s visits
- Any domestic or household expenses
General Damages: These types of damages are not quantifiable and come under non-economic losses. General damages include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability if any
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Any embarrassment or humiliation faced
However, the damages can vary depending on the severity of the injuries and other factors.
How to find the right Personal Injury Attorney in Philadelphia?
If you have chosen the appropriate attorney, it can change the course of action of your case. But, there arises a question of how to find the right attorney. Some of the necessary tips that may prove to be effective in your search for a personal injury lawyer are as follows:
- You can ask your friends and relatives to suggest some good legal counsel. They may give you some recommendations that will help you in your journey of finding a legal professional.
- Along with this, you must hire an attorney who has the experience and expertise of handling similar matters.
- You need to analyze the success rate and records of the legal advisor you are hiring.
- The fees of an attorney must also be taken into consideration before finalizing them for your case.