How Can A Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Guide You?
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Philadelphia or have suffered any injuries while at work, you can seek help from a renowned Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer. You may be entitled to seek maximum compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, and other losses.
A renowned and efficient Boat Accident Attorney will guide you throughout the process of seeking reimbursement for your damages in case of boat accidents. Their expertise will help manage different boating accident cases, such as yacht accidents, pontoon boat accidents, rental boat crashes, and marine and dock collisions.
Furthermore, they will help handle personal injury cases such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), worker’s compensation claims, premises liability accidents, wrongful deaths, etc.
They will assist you in negotiating with the insurance companies, gather vital evidence, and thoroughly investigate the case. This will help you build a strong possibility that may be favorable.
What Are The Common Types Of Personal Injury Cases In Philadelphia?
A competent Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney may help you in the following cases:
- Boat Accidents: Boating accidents occur due to several causes, namely operator errors, boating under the influence (BUI), or failure of equipment. It can result in injury or death in extreme cases. According to the United States Coast Guard, in 2014, nearly 4,064 accidents occurred, resulting in 610 deaths. After sustaining a severe boating accident injury, a Philadelphia Boat accident lawyer can create a huge difference. They will protect your rights and will work according to your interests.
- Truck Wrecks: Truck wrecks are the most dangerous accidents that can lead to catastrophic injuries. An experienced truck accident lawyer in Philadelphia can help you gain reimbursement for the expensive medical treatment that may drain your savings.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are of various types, such as T-bone collisions, rear-end collisions, and more. A capable Philadelphia auto accident attorney can guide you in attaining the financial assistance you may require.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Motorcyclists are more prone to injuries and damage. Seeking immediate medical attention will safeguard them from any further health risks. You can consult a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are often posing more danger than anyone else. Due to the city’s infrastructure, people who walk around can suffer from deadly accidents. At the intersections or due to speeding, collisions may occur. The aftermath of an accident for a pedestrian can lead to fatal injuries. If you take help from an experienced Pedestrian accident lawyer in Philadelphia, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Multiple passengers may be traveling in an Uber or Lyft ride. Therefore, it becomes a complicated procedure to determine who will be liable for the injuries. Taking legal advice from a Philadelphia Uber accident lawyer can be helpful.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips, trips, and falls are among the leading causes of injuries in older Americans and children. You can file compensation for premises liability cases if you have sustained any damages due to the property owner’s negligence. You must consult renowned Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers today.
- Wrongful Death: In case someone you love has died due to someone else’s carelessness, you can file a wrongful death claim with the help of an experienced personal injury law firm. Negligence may happen due to an auto accident, medical malpractice, or premises liability cases.
Why Should You Hire A Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and want compensation, you must hire a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer near me. They will help you in the following ways:
- The chances of getting deserving compensation will increase.
- You can attain the actual settlement amount easily.
- Legal complications can easily be handled
- Negotiations with insurance companies will be done conveniently.
- You can get the time to heal your wounds and injuries.
Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania
There is a time when you should file a personal injury claim after being injured in Pennsylvania. As per the laws prevailing in Pennsylvania, the time is 2 years when you must file a lawsuit against the party at fault. However, under some unique circumstances, a time extension can be provided.
Suppose the accident involves any government authority, the statute of limitations can be extended. If you are under the age of 18 years, you have the time frame to file a lawsuit till you become 18 years old. You must take assistance from an attorney who can help you fight for your rights.
What Are The Common Types Of Damages In A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Compensatory damages are the damages an individual can be compensated for their injuries. Fundamentally, the injured victim can receive two damages by filing a lawsuit. They are special damages and general damages.
Special Damages: These types of damages are economic damages that can be evaluated and are quantifiable. Some of the special damages include:
- Medical treatment expenses for the present and the future
- Loss of income
- Property Damage
- Transportation costs such as doctor’s visits
- Any domestic or household expenses
General Damages: These damages are not quantifiable and come under non-economic losses. General damages include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability if any
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Any embarrassment or humiliation faced
However, the damages can vary depending on the severity of the injuries and other factors.
How To Find The Right Personal Injury Attorney In Philadelphia?
If you have chosen the appropriate attorney, it can change the course of action of your case. But, there arises a question of how to find the right attorney.
Some of the necessary tips that may prove to be effective in your search for a personal injury lawyer are as follows:
- You can ask your friends and relatives to suggest some good legal counsel. They may give you some recommendations that will help you in your journey of finding a legal professional.
- You must also hire an attorney with the experience and expertise to handle similar matters.
- You need to analyze the success rate and records of the legal advisor you are hiring.
- An attorney’s fees must also be considered before finalizing them for your case.